Sea Horse

Sea Horse
A commission I made before Christmas, now in a seaside home in Portscatho.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Changed my blog!





Hedgerow Heather Bunting

Welcome to my new blog!  I have started the New Year with a lot of ideas, all inspired by what I see and experience in Cornwall.  Winter is a beautiful time of the year, full of colour and form, if you just go outside and look closely.  There is so much detail in everything and the smells....gorgeous.  I have just finished some mosaic bunting.  My influence is the heather found in the Cornish hedges.  I have used some beautiful shiny tiles and feel that the colours match the shades and hues of the flowers, in sunshine and in the mists that surround the moors.  I have also been determined to get some unfinished mosaics done and have, amazingly for me, achieved that this week!  A beach hut parade, a LOVE plaque and a VW campervan clock.  I just have to grout them all!  The beach huts remind me of hot sunny days, sand in your toes and that lovely burnt feeling that I always get when I go to the beach!  In the meantime, I shall just look at them and wait!

1 comment: